Introductory Video Mapping Workshop
The introductory level workshop requires no previous knowledge or experience of video mapping, and is ideal for anyone who would like a practical introduction that provides enough knowledge to enable further development and experimentation.
For 8-14 participants, duration 6 hours (including breaks).
- No video mapping experience or knowledge required
- A laptop with Painting With Light installed:
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7, or 8)
- Apple OSX (10.6 onwards)
- Participants with Apple Mac’s should make sure they bring their video cables as these cannot be guaranteed to be available
- Example video files will be provided but you can bring your own to work with
- Depending on the venue, you should bring a video projector if you have one, else one will be provided for you although you may have to share with other participants.
- If you have a graphics tablet then you might want to bring that along too, but it is not required.
- Introduction to video mapping (30 mins)
- Introduction to Painting With Light features (1 hour)
- Break (15 mins)
- Setting up a video projector (15 mins)
- Mapping and Masking (1 hour)
- Lunch (1 hour)
- Live Performance (30 mins)
- Using the right media formats (15 mins)
- Break (15 mins)
- Collaborative Installation and Discussion (45 mins)
- Final Questions and Summary (15 mins)
I’m currently developing an intermediate level workshop that follows on from the introductory workshop and explores more advanced uses and techniques in Painting With Light, which would include:
- Video Input and Output
- Timeline control of media
- Introducing audio
- Linking to other software
Contact me if you’re interested in hosting and/or participating in this level of workshop.